[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
=69.GIAP=SQUAD Forums • View topic - The IL-2 engine problem - solved

The IL-2 engine problem - solved

The latest release in the IL2 series to be launched early 2014 and mid 2015

Moderator: =69.GIAP=Members

The IL-2 engine problem - solved

Postby =69.GIAP=MYATA » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Comrades,

News from the T-O's office!

After extensive research and a couple of douzens test flights in SP campaing mode I am very pleased to announce the engine management problems solution for the IL-2.

Keep water at about the border where the scale in the gauge swaps from one upper to lower
Keep Oil temperature gauge in the center
Keep Manifold Pressure at 900 - 950; RPM's (PropPitch) at about 1050

Thats it.

Check this post and the included links to get more detailed information on that one.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/116 ... ne-damage/
S!
MYATA

=69.GIAP=MYATA

Re: The IL-2 engine problem - solved

Postby =69.GIAP=VYA » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:43 pm

Nice MYATA. I have yet to blow up an engine in flight, the AAA do it for me :)

Another good practise is to start a "quick mission" (Expert setting) in the "parked" (rather than the default runway setting). This means you have to start the engine from cold. Its easily done by pressing the engine start key but make sure your throttle is open between 10 and 15%, or the engine shuts down again. This takes times as after this happens you have to hit the engine stop key, wait for all the switches etc to turn off before you can restart the engine again.

Then comes the fun part..TAXI to runway. I see many players on the SYN server get stuck in snow or cannot even begin to taxi. Remember to reset your propeller pitch to 100% and the mixture to 80-100% after the engine has started, otherwise you will not move no matter how far you push the throttle forward and the only thing you will see on the hud is "engine overheating" . Another thing I do is to move pilot head "up" and you can see the taxi way clearly over the engine cowling. Keep the tailwheel locked unless you need to make a tight turn but beware when you unlock the tailwheel and open the throttle to much the aircraft will really spin around; again something I see often on the SYN server.

When lined up on the runway make sure radiators are open,the tailwheel is locked and its' off you go to kill the gits! :)

The default in the "quick mission" seems to be the "Runway" setting in the bottom left of the screen in the grey box. Click on the arrow next to this and you can select the "Parked" setting. I think this is a good place to start practising as I have seen many get "stuck" on the SYN server and they blame the snow...lol
S!
VYA

=69.GIAP=VYA

Postby =69.GIAP=MYATA » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:58 am

Thanks for sharing the details. Taxiing fortunately never was a problem so far.
S!
MYATA

=69.GIAP=MYATA

Postby =69.GIAP=MYATA » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:34 pm

2th done, no cheating.
Gained a LOT of experience with the Il-2 and LaGG!

Next ope is the Pe-2,
Levelbombing - here I come!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
S!
MYATA

=69.GIAP=MYATA

Postby =69.GIAP=VYA » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:04 pm

Great MYATA. I only really fly the IL2 but doing it every Campaign mission has not only helped me understand the aircraft and its weapony more (except the crazy rockets), but it has also helped me immensely in navigating the maps :)
S!
VYA

=69.GIAP=VYA

Postby =69.GIAP=MYATA » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:23 pm

oh yeah, the rockets...

I played a bit ib the Pe-2 and tried to do Levelbombing in the camapigns.
Until now I find that quite ....... impossible ....
Though the Jus can be downed quite easily. They are not very aggressive.
S!
MYATA

=69.GIAP=MYATA

Return to IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad / Battle of Moscow