ooh

The latest release in the IL2 series to be launched early 2014 and mid 2015

Moderator: =69.GIAP=Members

ooh

Postby =69.GIAP=STENKA » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:37 pm

I have had trouble, first I needed ikons to get tally, now without Ikons i get tally in defensive and have to regain offensive.

However, the AI 109s overun, they are fast.

Lag wallows like a bitch if you have to pull a tight turn.
Baaaaaaaaagh!

=69.GIAP=STENKA

Re: ooh

Postby =69.GIAP=MIKHA » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:44 am

=69.GIAP=STENKA wrote:I have had trouble, first I needed ikons to get tally, now without Ikons i get tally in defensive and have to regain offensive.

However, the AI 109s overun, they are fast.

Lag wallows like a bitch if you have to pull a tight turn.

I have had my, 'We are all going to die in tears,' thoughts, as I have gone about attempting to learn the LaGG-3, especially using that dogfight mission, against stupid AI of all things.

=69.GIAP=VALYA wrote:Good bfm is good bfm. Once we get ourselves acclimatized to our aircraft, we'll win.

She has a great point. The more time I spend with the LaGG-3, the more I agree with Valya and the more her words make me feel optimistic. I am even starting to think that we may sometimes be better off using the LaGG-3 as our main fighter, than using the Yak-1. When we can establish numerical supremacy and work effectively in pairs, the LaGG-3 might be a better overall fighter.

The LaGG-3 may be much more durable than the Yak-1. In particular, the LaGG-3 may be less likely to go on fire, when compared to the Yak-1. I don't know how effective the Yak-1s armament will be or what armament options it will have, but the LaGG-3 can be armed with a 23 mm canon and even a 37 mm canon. An outnumbered BF-109 pilot hit by either of those canons might be reduced to Revi gun sight, spinning in the air.
The quantity of my flying errors has a quality all its own.

=69.GIAP=MIKHA

Return to IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad / Battle of Moscow