Is there anybody out there!

The Battle of Britain in High Definition

Moderator: =69.GIAP=Members

Is there anybody out there!

Postby =69.GIAP=MADOV » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello fellow 69ers

I figure that we all like that shorthand way of addressing ourselves, but I am prepared to be proved wrong.

I am so surprised by the hangdog perspective here on CloD. With the upcoming TF patch v4 only 2 weeks away, this sim is shining brilliantly now. I have just finished a 10 mission long campaign on the Storm of War server in which ACG and various other guest units fight it out every Sunday night. Last night we had about 70 pilots up for both sides though the RAF showing was a bit poor as the Fall of France was imminent. We beat up their Wing Cdr at the end too! Poor Osprey!

These are organized missions on a par with SEOW and have a strong historical provenance as opposed to dogfight missions. Very immersive and intense at times and I find myself amongst some very hardcore flight crews. I have learnt a lot from my time with ACG.

Granted a kickass system is required as is the need to jump onto quite a learning curve as far as CEM is concerned. I fly now with no screen aids at all, it's IFR all the way. This should be a good intro into the even more complex DCS cockpits, I just got the P51 and have invested into the kickstarter with Ilya.

If there are any closet CloD pilots who would like to get wheels off again but are not sure of anything then drop me a line and let's get some wingman time in. I normally fly 109 but also love the Hurri and Stuka.

Of the sims currently available this is the No 1 in my book and the emotional response that it induces is much more than from anything else I have tried.
S!
MADOV
Kadet

=69.GIAP=MADOV

Postby =69.GIAP=YSTREB » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:22 pm

i would love to fly with u in CloD but unfortunately I'm very busy until next year or something :)
=69.GIAP=YSTREB

Postby =69.GIAP=MADOV » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:23 pm

Hello YSTREB

The reality is that if BoS proves to be good/really good the servers that are servicing the CloD community now will probably switch over to service the much larger BoS one. I think that CloD mulitiplayer is moribund but it will burn out very brightly. Hopefully, I am proved wrong and the new TF mod patch will ensure its longevity. People will vote with their feet as always and if BoS proves to be a better flight sim, the community will change over to it so ACG/ATAG will do the same.

I think that it may come to pass that CloD is just a wonderful memory to a tiny number of people who saw it in its heyday. Being involved deeply in it, I can see what Oleg was striving for but his implementation of his dream fell short as we know. Team Fusion are doing so very well in having picked up the ball and being able to run with it. No SDK, simply reverse engineering.

If CloD is still online when you are able to get back to it, let me know and we'll share a sortie or two over the white cliffs, ahhhhhhhhhh...
Last edited by =69.GIAP=MADOV on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S!
MADOV
Kadet

=69.GIAP=MADOV

Postby =69.GIAP=MYATA » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Could you please share with the group how to obtain the necessary files (links) in case somebody wants to fly this?

I failed finding the right downloads :roll:
S!
MYATA
GvBaP T-O

=69.GIAP=MYATA

Postby =69.GIAP=MADOV » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:49 pm

Hello MYATA

Yes of course I can and will post up the required links to get up and running with CloD TF 3.01 when I get home tonight. The home for all things CloD is now the Air Tactical Assault Group through which TF promote their work.

The banana forums are a good place for technical information still.

Will post more later...
S!
MADOV
Kadet

=69.GIAP=MADOV

Postby =69.GIAP=STENKA » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:14 pm

If the editor isn't trying to sell the product...... it ain't going far

Maximum effort on Stalingrad.
Baaaaaaaaagh!

=69.GIAP=STENKA

Postby =69.GIAP=MADOV » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Dearest STENKA

CloD is a roughly cut gem but with polish will shine like the purest diamond. It is certainly a niche product for the few, does not have mass appeal for so many reasons. One climbs the highest mountain because it is there, the masses will be satisfied with the lesser peaks.

Nobody is trying to market a defunct game here, simply to extoll the virtues of what remains the finest combat flight simulation experience currently available and one whose quality BoS will struggle to surpass.

Time will reveal all as always
S!
MADOV
Kadet

=69.GIAP=MADOV

Postby =69.GIAP=MYATA » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:23 pm

I bought the bloody game, I will at least get the best out of it 8)
No interfering with BoS or BosWar, trust me XO
S!
MYATA
GvBaP T-O

=69.GIAP=MYATA

Postby =69.GIAP=MADOV » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:28 pm

To the closet CloDer

After installing the game through Steam allow the software to update itself to the most recent version. I forget the number but Steam will tell you when it's up to date. You then need to download 2 files, and follow the instructions carefully for their installation. There is even a very useful video to assist in this.

This is a link to help newcomers to CloD Team Fusion style. TF is the CloD equivalent to TD for Il-2 1946.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/f ... 58&p=52711

In reality if you wish to fly CloD online then you have to install this Mod but don't worry it has proved to be the resurrection of Oleg's masterpiece despite still being flawed. As it is now it is totally flyable on strong hardware, most of the major problems have been dealt with.

The most popular server to fly on is the ATAG server and for missions/campaigns there is the Storm of War server. There are a good number of virtual squadrons around too.

This guide should answer most queries but drop me a pm if you have any further questions.

If any Comrades get this far let me know and I would be most happy to 'get one up' so to speak ':oops:'

Tally-ho and Horido!
S!
MADOV
Kadet

=69.GIAP=MADOV

Postby =69.GIAP=MYATA » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:12 pm

I require a pre-requisite MOD version.
Where do I find that?
S!
MYATA
GvBaP T-O

=69.GIAP=MYATA

Postby =69.GIAP=MADOV » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:20 pm

I have never heard of that, where did you get that info from MYATA?

There is only one TF mod, it hasn't split up into different factions like the 1946 modscene did. Is this something that you have read in the link I posted?

EDIT:

Now I understand MYATA. The patch 3.0 is a prerequisite for the 3.01 which means that you must install the first before the second. 3.01 is like a hotfix and does not include the initial patch 3.0. There are ONLY two files to install. It is quite simple - follow the video tutorial. Et voila!
S!
MADOV
Kadet

=69.GIAP=MADOV

Postby =69.GIAP=YSTREB » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:32 am

i never regret buying clod :)
=69.GIAP=YSTREB

Return to IL-2: Cliffs of Dover