[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
=69.GIAP=SQUAD Forums • View topic - Frogfoot setup and training thread

Frogfoot setup and training thread

These aren't your grandpa's warbirds!

Moderator: =69.GIAP=Members

Frogfoot setup and training thread

Postby =69.GIAP=STENKA » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:12 pm

Right I've got the slimy little beast bouncing off and onto the runway.

I seem to be able to get some sort of cannon firing and assorted rockets firing off more or less at random.

How do you know what weapon is selected before you press the trigger?
Baaaaaaaaagh!

=69.GIAP=STENKA

Postby =69.GIAP=MOLOT » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:05 pm

Stenka, make yourself little bit easier, and read the flight manual pages 288-291*

but in short:

- press 7 to enter ground attack mode

- cycle between weapons on pylons by pressing D, you have to remember which weapon is placed where, or pay attention on the cyrillic designations on weapon status panel (see picture on pg 60 of the flight manual, cyrillic designations on pg 66)

- you can set ripple quantity by pressing LCtrl+Space and release interval with V key

- when firing guided missiles, especially S-25L, press fire and hold for two/three seconds

pay attention to pg 60-67 of the manual. also, print yourself command keys for Su-25 from the same Doc folder where you can find flight manual

*pages in pdf reader, not as they are numbered in the manual
I think we better put our differences behind us... for science. You monster. - GlaDOS

=69.GIAP=MOLOT

Postby =69.GIAP=MOLOT » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:11 pm

try to assign as many buttons as you can to joystick, I find it almost impossible to play on default key settings. especially laser designator, the best would be to assign it's slewing to hat switch and activation/locking to the buttons around it. it makes targeting/firing sequence a lot easier.

it would be good if some of the guys could host some training sessions, Booses training range helped me a lot to grasp Frogfoot's controls and weapon delivery. I also would like to be there, but I have to bail and I'm not sure I'll be back home before Sunday evening.
I think we better put our differences behind us... for science. You monster. - GlaDOS

=69.GIAP=MOLOT

Postby =69.GIAP=TOOZ » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:02 am

On the display panel there is a representation of your weapons pylons on the lower left side side in front of the throttle. It shows which weapon pylon is selected by the lights showing green. You just have to remember which pylon has which weapon on it. Normally air-air missiles are on the furthest out pylon, and rocket pods are on the next pylon with the big missiles on the inside pylons, or bombs depending on what you're carrying. But when you hit the D key, or whatever you've designated the change weapon key to, then you will see the green lights change.
=69.GIAP=TOOZ

Postby =69.GIAP=BOOS » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:01 am

Also I THINK that bombs is b( ie russian symbol resembling b) rockets HPC and missiles as YP.

You can see these symbols in the weapons display, should be on the right hand corner of it.
~S~

Confirmative!
"This one cannot remember if its heatsink is over capacity. It wonders if the criminal scum considers itself fortunate."

=69.GIAP=BOOS

Postby =69.GIAP=UTVARA » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:05 am

UTVARA successfully crash landed.

=69.GIAP=UTVARA

Postby =69.GIAP=STENKA » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Baaaaaaaaagh!

=69.GIAP=STENKA

Postby =69.GIAP=STENKA » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Baaaaaaaaagh!

=69.GIAP=STENKA

Postby =69.GIAP=MOLOT » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:28 pm

=69.GIAP=MOLOT

Postby =69.GIAP=PAVEL » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:20 pm

S!

=69.GIAP=PAVEL

Postby =69.GIAP=STENKA » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Come on - who can set up a simple Dogfight mission with some ground targets?

Where is the mission builder manual?
Baaaaaaaaagh!

=69.GIAP=STENKA

Postby =69.GIAP=BOOS » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:09 pm

I can maybe throw something together tomorrow afternoon that I can send to someone who wants to host.

No guarantees.

EDIT: btw read the Lockon FC2 GUI Manual, that explains a lot of stuff you can do.
~S~

Confirmative!
"This one cannot remember if its heatsink is over capacity. It wonders if the criminal scum considers itself fortunate."

=69.GIAP=BOOS

Postby =69.GIAP=STENKA » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:51 pm

OK I have created something but not tested, I have set up port forwarding 10308 but not tested, in fact i have not tested.

So tomorrow night may be a bit of a debugging session. But that we have to do
Baaaaaaaaagh!

=69.GIAP=STENKA

Postby =69.GIAP=MOLOT » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:01 pm

I think I'll be there if nothing comes up. what time you had in mind, Stenka?

=69.GIAP=MOLOT

Postby =69.GIAP=BOOS » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:18 pm

~S~

Confirmative!

=69.GIAP=BOOS

Next

Return to LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2