Groups

These aren't your grandpa's warbirds!

Moderator: =69.GIAP=Members

Groups

Postby =69.GIAP=MORAK » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:45 am

As we have in the GIAP we should show where each person prefers to be: Yap (fighters) Shap:(Bombers) then as a different change the Helos(Blackshark) Not sure of what to call it.
In this game you almost have to specialize in the aircraft and to understand the weapons and radars in those AC. there is a plane i think could cross the boundries and do a multi-purpose role being the Mig-29 it has great ground capibilities as well as being a descent fighter.
The Yap would consist ot the Su-33 and the Su-27. the Shap would be the SU-25 Su-25T and the Mig-29 as a cross use Airframe.
The Helo group (needs a name) and would consist of the Ka-50

Yap: MORAK, VANYA

Shap: TOOZ, BOOS, MOLOT

Helos:MALYSH
Last edited by =69.GIAP=MORAK on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
"gratitude" is found in the dictionary between "gotcha" and "grave"

=69.GIAP=MORAK

Postby =69.GIAP=TOOZ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:28 am

Well, when I first started LOMAC way back when I was flying both the A-10 and Su-25 and both were well fun! In FC2 the A-10A, as well as both Frogfoots, is available and I intend to fly both. But I am training up on the Su-25 for the moment.

Of course, DCS is releasing the A-10C with the uber flight modelling, but I don't have DCS.

Anyway, blowing up tanks and stuff is what I'll be doing if I ever manage to figure out what button does what in the right order - it's bloody confusing!
=69.GIAP=TOOZ

Re: Groups

Postby =69.GIAP=GRACH » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:16 am

=69.GIAP=MORAK wrote:As we have in the GIAP we should show where each person prefers to be: Yap (fighters) Shap:(Bombers) then as a different change the Helos(Blackshark) Not sure of what to call it.

The Helo group (needs a name) and would consist of the Ka-50

How about CRap :lol:

I Kidd, I Kidd, :wink: Just the old fixed wing / Rotary rivalry thing 8)
=69.GIAP=GRACH

Postby =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:59 am

I would think that the Su33 can also dual-role very well, as its real role is fleet defense (mainly against other ships)

one for the Shark!
S!

=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Postby =69.GIAP=MOLOT » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:19 am

=69.GIAP=TOOZ wrote:Anyway, blowing up tanks and stuff is what I'll be doing if I ever manage to figure out what button does what in the right order - it's bloody confusing!

flying vanilla Frogfoot, it helps a lot if you assign the most useful stuff to joystick - laser rangefinder/designator. buttons for turning on/off and locking laser and moving the designator via switch. before that, I was able to score 1 in 10 targets by using the key combos with right hand, and flying with left, not to mention zooming with mouse in the middle of all that. now, the whole attack sequence is much smoother, and more efficient. only to finish my freetrack setup, and will be even more better.
I think we better put our differences behind us... for science. You monster. - GlaDOS

=69.GIAP=MOLOT

Postby =69.GIAP=TOOZ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:31 am

That's more or less what I've been doing - trying to find a logical setup on me stick sose I don't really have to look at the keyboard much during attack runs. I'm getting there.
=69.GIAP=TOOZ

Postby =69.GIAP=MORAK » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:18 pm

=69.GIAP=MALYSH wrote:I would think that the Su33 can also dual-role very well, as its real role is fleet defense (mainly against other ships)

one for the Shark!

Yeah thats true Malysh! We still need to find a name for the Helo group any ideas?

=69.GIAP=MORAK

Postby =69.GIAP=MOLOT » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:29 pm

Blenders? :D

Vertolet. that's Russian for helicopter.

I think we better put our differences behind us... for science. You monster. - GlaDOS

=69.GIAP=MOLOT

Postby =69.GIAP=MORAK » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:31 pm

VHW??

=69.GIAP=MORAK

Postby =69.GIAP=CONAN » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Rotorheads is the time honored and acceptable term.

Jesus Nuts works as well from the Huey days. The Jesus Nut is what sits at the top of the shaft and holds all of the working parts together. "Jesus" being the only one who can help you if it comes off! Don't know if newer rotor designs have moved away from this but it is the design in the Huey and it's sister the Cobra.

Helicopters are the new Cavalry of the air so COSSACKS might also be appropriate.
“There is no problem which cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosive!"
=69.GIAP=CONAN

Postby =69.GIAP=MORAK » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:43 pm

Cavalry Sounds good! :lol:

=69.GIAP=MORAK

Postby =69.GIAP=MOLOT » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:53 pm

=69.GIAP=CONAN wrote:Don't know if newer rotor designs have moved away from this but it is the design in the Huey and it's sister the Cobra.

you know how crazy Russians can get, they even spiced it a little bit with pyropatrones so that they can blast the damn thing off it needs be done :P

=69.GIAP=MOLOT

Postby =69.GIAP=VANYA » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:03 am

I'm a big Fulcrum fan what means Yap is the group for me :)
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

=69.GIAP=VANYA

Postby =69.GIAP=PROMAK » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm still thinking about whether to get into this, since the last time I tried a modern jet sim was Falcon:AF last year. It drove me crazy trying to keep track of what button to push in which situation (and that was only one aircraft, albeit a multi-role one), so I have a couple questions:

1. How complicated are the systems (particulary the combat avionics) in FC2 compared to Falcon?

2. How complicated are they compared to DCS: Blackshark?

I can manage pitch/mixture/radiator/supercharger just fine (and can even chew gum at the same time!) but I'm a bit wary of signing on to spend weeks learning track-while-scanning/fleeing/targeting/notching/cranking/drinking/wanking and all the other wonderful routines of modern air warfare.

I'm personally leaning to helos- I was absolutely terrified of them when I was in the Army and this may let me confront my demons (although I don't think Blackshark lets you dangle your feet outside)
Woof!

=69.GIAP=PROMAK

Postby =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

FC2 is definitely not as complex as F4 but still far more complex than il2. It'll definitely take weeks/months just getting used to the systems.

Black Shark is even more in-depth than Falcon4, but then the shark is a simpler machine in many ways. Being able to kill something isn't that hard, but to fully master the shark (just the systems, that is, not tactics) would easilly take months of intense work or years of part-time work. I dig it, but then I think most people like it because of the study part of study-sim, so it doesn't sound like what you're looking for, but hopefully I'm wrong.

I hope you'll try it though :)
S!

=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Next

Return to LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2