Mission Builders

These aren't your grandpa's warbirds!

Moderator: =69.GIAP=Members

Mission Builders

Postby =69.GIAP=MORAK » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:26 am

This forum should be for tips on building missions.

As we know there is no SEOW for this game, so 100% of the stuff we do with other squads will have to be built equally so that the outcome is based on player actions.
I think hosting shouldnt be that hard with the multi-player function if I host as the server all of the people with the password should be able to join I will study this more later.

I think we should study this closer to see if there is a way to put sent/recieved missions into the game like Il-2.
"gratitude" is found in the dictionary between "gotcha" and "grave"

=69.GIAP=MORAK

Postby =69.GIAP=TOOZ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:41 am

It does look like the FC2 multiplayer system for hosting/joining missions is fairly straight forward. You just need to load up the right mission and launch it as far as I can see.

As for a campaign, reading the manual there does seem to be some dynamic elements in stock missions, and there is the facility to create your own campaigns, but I think the missions have to be hand built. Maybe if we ask the guys at the 159th if there are any such mission generating tools like DCG or something that could be used to get something going without hand building every mission.

As for parsing results, there does seem to be a decent amount of detail recorded in the game as shown by the AARs and the logbook. That's just at first glance though - it will need to be looked at more closely and find out if these results can be easily parsed in the same manner that we see mission results after SEOW missions, etc. Not something for me as I am clueless about this stuff!

Anyway, I think campaigns might be very interesting due to the triggers available to us. These can really give a truly dynamic feel to our missions.

One idea might be to possibly set up a server which has a continually running mission and which uses triggers to control movement of ground forces, and reinforcement actions, etc, and we simply turn up at a designated time and fly about for a couple of hours trying to help things along. Then at a designated time, we all exit the server and let it run til the next mission. Parameters would need to be set to control how fast ground forces move, etc, (which from what I can tell, the triggers can provide) otherwise we could end with things going too fast for us to do anything if we have a FC2 mission once a week, or whatever.

Certainly some interesting possibillities I think. Just need to figure out how to actually hit something with a missle first! :roll:
=69.GIAP=TOOZ

Postby =69.GIAP=BOOS » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:39 am

I have a mission I'm building that has paratroops, basicly a c130 flies into a trigger zone and activates units on the ground which then starts to move to their target.

You can do an awful lot with the triggers and I am still digging down into it.
~S~

Confirmative!
"This one cannot remember if its heatsink is over capacity. It wonders if the criminal scum considers itself fortunate."

=69.GIAP=BOOS

Postby =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:00 am

the 159th handmakes all of their missions.
S!

=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Postby =69.GIAP=MORAK » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:59 pm

=69.GIAP=MALYSH wrote:the 159th handmakes all of their missions.

And we will as well but, I wanted to go out and find another group to do this with(against). Flying against AI we have the ability to do in il-2 with MDFs. But that NOT what the GIAP is about we go out and find opponets and have a nice little war! :twisted: I think we should try to keep it that way.

Hosting is to easy! I built a stupid little mission and was able to host, all I had to do was open the port on my router and it was there for people to join. FUN! 8)

=69.GIAP=MORAK

Postby =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:33 pm

I just meant that I doubt there is a DCG-like tool if an experienced squad still makes everything by hand. Unfortunately.
S!

=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Postby =69.GIAP=STENKA » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Does it have a dogfight mode for training nights?
Baaaaaaaaagh!

=69.GIAP=STENKA

Postby =69.GIAP=BOOS » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:50 pm

Its more like it doesn't have a il2ish coop mode. If you die you can just hit fly again to start from your start position.

There might be ways to make it dead is dead but I haven't checked that out.
~S~

Confirmative!
"This one cannot remember if its heatsink is over capacity. It wonders if the criminal scum considers itself fortunate."

=69.GIAP=BOOS

Postby =69.GIAP=MORAK » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Unfortunately unless we find guys that fly the Amerikan planes triggers are all we have for a training night. I know how to build the missions but in useing triggers I am failing horrably, I cant make anything work. as Soon as I can i will get with Panzatard from the 159th to figure out how to make them work then we could have a training night with AI enemies. Unfortunatly at this time I am distracted with a family crisis. I will return as soon as I can

=69.GIAP=MORAK

American Planes

Postby Moby » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:45 am

Why don't you guys learn American planes and have that war with us?
ImageImage
American by birth, Southerner by choice, TEXAN by the grace of God!
Moby

Postby =69.GIAP=VALYA » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:02 am

Yeah, we can all hop in F-22s and kill them before they can see us, it'll be good fun.

Though if the missile modeling is as one-sided as it was in LOMAC, it wouldn't matter even if the Americans did have F-22s.
=69.GIAP=VALYA

Postby =69.GIAP=MORAK » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:41 am

Hey Moby!

I think the majority of the group have already started training in the Russian birds. And besides we are a Russian squad. You know any Amerikan squads that we could approch? I wouldnt mind sturrin up some trouble! :twisted:

=69.GIAP=MORAK

Postby =69.GIAP=STENKA » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:34 am

I can't see what the problem is, last night I was flying my frog behind Molot and those sidewinder things on the end of the wings started squawking.

Further investigation proved that I can destroy at least 8 Abrams tanks and shoot down 2 SU-25s with one loadout.

So all I need is an unexhaustable supply of wingmen for training nights.
Baaaaaaaaagh!

=69.GIAP=STENKA

Postby =69.GIAP=MOLOT » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:02 pm

eh, Stenka... try that on any server online, with unguided rockets you won't get too far... or too close to fire them on tanks. and with Aphids, the thing is that it usually takes to fire both of them to bring any aircraft down. even the helicopters can give you headaches, as they can fire their Hellfires/Vikhrs at ya from the twice the range of your AA missiles.
I think we better put our differences behind us... for science. You monster. - GlaDOS

=69.GIAP=MOLOT

Postby =69.GIAP=PAVEL » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:43 pm

=69.GIAP=STENKA wrote:So all I need is an unexhaustable supply of wingmen for training nights.

Count with me. I'm your man.

I won't excuse last night, but confirm when you want (tonight?).

Learning in a fast process the SU-25 (navigation, basic flights). The electronic of the SU-25T will arrive soon.

I want to especily in SEAD operations, starting tonight offline if neccesary.

Still learning.
S!

=69.GIAP=PAVEL

Return to LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2