[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
=69.GIAP=SQUAD Forums • View topic - Training Info

Training Info

These aren't your grandpa's warbirds!

Moderator: =69.GIAP=Members

Training Info

Postby =69.GIAP=TOOZ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:47 am

I don't know about you, but all this crazy hi-tek stuff in FC2 has me going "erm.... huh?" quite a lot, so I reckon a good idea is to post up information on training.

First point of call is the training stuff in-game but for those of you with the download version of the game rather than the hard copy you need to download the video files seperately. But there is a better way of covering the same material IMO.

Go here:

This has all of the same training stuff you have in-game but there are links to the vids on youtube and the narration of the videos is nicely transcribed which gives you something you can easily print out for reference when learning all this teky stuff making it far easier when trying out the different weapons systems and aircraft, etc.
=69.GIAP=TOOZ

Postby =69.GIAP=MORAK » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:57 am

You can get there from in the game if you go to training. in the Download version the collums are empty, but there is a dowload button that bring up this same place. Takes forever! The one for the Su-27 takes 40mins.

Tooz, do you have the Youtube links? I would like to see them.
"gratitude" is found in the dictionary between "gotcha" and "grave"

=69.GIAP=MORAK

Postby =69.GIAP=TOOZ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:44 am

As you navigate through the training pages on lockon.co.uk they are embedded into the text at the appropriate points in the training narrative.
=69.GIAP=TOOZ

Postby =69.GIAP=MORAK » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:47 am

Ah didnt see that part! :wink:

=69.GIAP=MORAK

Postby =69.GIAP=MOLOT » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:25 am

I think we better put our differences behind us... for science. You monster. - GlaDOS

=69.GIAP=MOLOT

Postby =69.GIAP=TOOZ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:33 am

=69.GIAP=TOOZ

Postby =69.GIAP=MOLOT » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:42 am

I think we better put our differences behind us... for science. You monster. - GlaDOS

=69.GIAP=MOLOT

Postby =69.GIAP=DRAGO » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:09 pm

C!

=69.GIAP=DRAGO

Postby =69.GIAP=VALYA » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:37 pm

=69.GIAP=VALYA

Postby =69.GIAP=CONAN » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:16 pm

I'll start working on it as soon as I finish going through a briefing MALYSH is working on. One of the first orders of business will be to see how much is actually modeled in the game. I assume missiles have a G available based on speed, power or glide and aero but do they model tracking rates or gymbal rates? Is it a true pulse doppler model with dead speeds in the notch? Is there an Electronic Countermeasures suite? Chaff and flares and how well are they modeled?

Nobody is going to give them the truth so we will have to discern what the "truth" is in the game and build from there.

Does anybody have a hot line to the developers to ask some of these questions?

Remember, everything I have taught about BFM, ACM and ACT still applies. Radar search volumes and radar mech are where you should spend a lot of time once you have the basics down on the aircraft you are flying. Just as in visual search, radar search volumes are assigned within the flight and once the enemy is a contact on the screen, discipline and "staying home" with your search volume become even more difficult while becoming even more important. I'll have to go back to the brevity code and updatye a new version that includes jet and radar essentials as well.

Additionally, pay attention to where you map things on your stick. The F-16 stick I fly was made for this but many of you will find that you need more room on your stick and throttl
e because you will die in the time it takes to go hands OFF stick and throttle and put them onto the keyboard. Put combat essentials onto stck and throttle and the more mundane back onto the keyboard like engine start, flaps, gear etc.

Also, I have to be VERY careful with what I say and teach since the real world is still guarding this material very, very closely and I will NOT do time in Leavenworth just for a game. BUT, I will go as far as I safely can based on known physics and anything I can find in open sources.
Last edited by =69.GIAP=CONAN on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There is no problem which cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosive!"
=69.GIAP=CONAN

Postby =69.GIAP=VALYA » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Still not going to give me the off-boresight numbers on the current generation of sidewinders, eh? Drat!

But at least now everyone in the squad can shout "Raygun" right along with me.
=69.GIAP=VALYA

Postby =69.GIAP=MORAK » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:03 pm

=69.GIAP=MORAK

Postby =69.GIAP=MOLOT » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:15 pm

=69.GIAP=MOLOT

Postby =69.GIAP=STENKA » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Baaaaaaaaagh!

=69.GIAP=STENKA

Postby =69.GIAP=TOOZ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:50 pm

=69.GIAP=TOOZ

Next

Return to LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2