[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
=69.GIAP=SQUAD Forums • View topic - Where can i download our squad skins for Rise of Flight?

Where can i download our squad skins for Rise of Flight?

Join us in turning the clock back.

Moderator: =69.GIAP=Members

Where can i download our squad skins for Rise of Flight?

Postby =69.GIAP=MIKHA » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:51 pm

I recently re-downloaded Rise of Flight and I was wondering, where can I download our 69 GIAP Rise of Flight squad skins? Thanks for your consideration of my questions. -Mikha
The quantity of my flying errors has a quality all its own.

=69.GIAP=MIKHA

Re: Where can i download our squad skins for Rise of Flight?

Postby =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:08 am

Squad skins for RoF are a currently unmet need. I'll try and find our official colors swatch and forward it to you. :)
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Postby =69.GIAP=MIKHA » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Tushka,
Neat-o. I would like to play with that in Gimp. I wish I had Photoshop, since everyone raves about it. I haven't made a skin in so long. It will take me time to get up to speed, but I would love to take a crack at this. I hardly get to sim fly with the gang. Maybe I can pull my weight in skins. Do well and be well, always! Mikha

Here are some examples of skins I have done. i am not really skilled in doing weathering, though.

=69.GIAP=MIKHA

Postby =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:34 am

Those are great skins!

I look forward to seeing your interpretation of a squad skin.
C!

Tushka

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Postby =69.GIAP=MIKHA » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:15 pm

I am working on a concept. Maybe tonight I will have an example. I am attempting to make our planes look like semi-historical Russian Imperial Air Service machines. One of my difficulties is creating a look that fits Imperial Russian schemes, but is unique looking enough to serve as a standard look for the squad. We may want numbers or other markings, personalized rides. My design has to be flexible enough to provide sufficient standardization, to create a uniform look, but also present opportunities for aesthetically pleasing markings that will make each ride unique enough, so we can tell which player we are sim-flying alongside.

Do well and be well, always.
MJ

=69.GIAP=MIKHA

Postby =69.GIAP=MIKHA » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:16 pm

I am working on a concept. Maybe tonight I will have an example. I am attempting to make our planes look like semi-historical Russian Imperial Air Service machines. One of my difficulties is creating a look that fits Imperial Russian schemes, but is unique looking enough to serve as a standard look for the squad. We may want numbers or other markings, personalized rides. My design has to be flexible enough to provide sufficient standardization, to create a uniform look, but also present opportunities for aesthetically pleasing markings that will make each ride unique enough, so we can tell which player we are sim-flying alongside.

Do well and be well, always.
MJ

=69.GIAP=MIKHA

Postby =69.GIAP=MIKHA » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:01 pm

This is what I have been tinkering with, so far. I started with a SPAD, figure that...=)

Do well and be well, always!
Mikha

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

=69.GIAP=MIKHA

Postby =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Great! Imperial Air Service works well, and as you say is distinctive.

I wouldn't worry about personalizing the skins... we are used to using streamers for that purpose, but a squad skin would be great!
C!

Tushka

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Postby =69.GIAP=MYATA » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Maybe you should stick to the SQUAD colors meaning gold/red.
I can provide you with the original ones if you would like.
S!
MYATA

=69.GIAP=MYATA

Postby =69.GIAP=MIKHA » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:44 pm

Myata, I would surely like to try out the squad colors and official symbols, markings, etc. I will deliver whatever look the squad prefers. This was just a concept.

There were three reasons I stayed away from the original colors in my first concept. First, there is the opportunity for a Russian Imperial look, sans the colors and symbols of Communism. Second, I thought that our traditional colors may look out of place, until we make Civil War skins. Third, I didn't have our official colors, markings, etc.

P.S. I would also like to work on a 69 Giap Mig-21bis, for DCS. Our colors and symbols will definitely fit that plane. :)

=69.GIAP=MIKHA

Postby =69.GIAP=MIKHA » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:54 pm

=69.GIAP=MIKHA

Postby =69.GIAP=VLADI » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:08 am

I like it very much!
=69.GIAP=VLADI

Return to Rise of Flight