[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace.php]: The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
=69.GIAP=SQUAD Forums • View topic - 69.GIAP Official RoF Skins Request

69.GIAP Official RoF Skins Request

Join us in turning the clock back.

Moderator: =69.GIAP=Members

69.GIAP Official RoF Skins Request

Postby =69.GIAP=PAVEL » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:05 am

S!

=69.GIAP=PAVEL

Postby =69.GIAP=BOOS » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:25 am

Last edited by =69.GIAP=BOOS on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
~S~

Confirmative!
"This one cannot remember if its heatsink is over capacity. It wonders if the criminal scum considers itself fortunate."

=69.GIAP=BOOS

Postby =69.GIAP=BOOS » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:14 am

Also here is all the templates. Some have the insignia's in a different layer some do not.

http://riseofflight.com/en/community/usefulmaterials
~S~

Confirmative!
"This one cannot remember if its heatsink is over capacity. It wonders if the criminal scum considers itself fortunate."

=69.GIAP=BOOS

Willing to draw up some ROF skins.

Postby =69.GIAP=SOBAKA » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:44 am

I know this thread is a touch old but i can probably conjure up some ROF skins for anybody who wants them.

Here is my personal skin when i was running with the Warhawks

and my not so good early work

Both of those were designed to, in my opinion, look nice and cast a deceptive silhouette in medium to close turning battles. Been told a couple times they weren't leading me enough due to my paint job :twisted:

So if your interested let me know. If we need a squadron template i will need some input. Historic, Stylish, Pop, Deceptive, colorful. Detailed info would help.
"I put my bullets into the target as if i placed them there by hand"

=69.GIAP=SOBAKA

Postby =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 am

If you are interested in working on this, then you will need this: the official 69 GIAP color scheme!

See Yarick's IL2 skins for excellent examples of how these are used. I'm sure you can find links to images here on the web site. Here is one:
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Done and done

Postby =69.GIAP=SOBAKA » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Not bad. I should have two or three ready for review by the 25th.

=69.GIAP=SOBAKA

Postby =69.GIAP=SOBAKA » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Base for the S.E.5.a I don't know what we want in the way of markings for element lead and the like. what is or is not acceptable. I cant plan missions for squat and i am no good at training so skinning is about all i can give you outside the realm of an extremely hansom pilot. I perfer not to do some quick job but i can, we can take some time and i can do something nice, Your input would be very appreciated.

I take criticism well and i can't fine tune this stuff without it. I promise i wont go weep in the corner.

So give it some thought and let me know what else you would like. I tend to go overboard and get gaudy. Particularly with camo addition. Do we want one tone, two, geometrical, flowing.

Also, the list of planes at the beginning of this thread should take precedence? Do we have planes i should skin first?

Thanks!

=69.GIAP=SOBAKA

Postby =69.GIAP=STENKA » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Hey What about a black DII Late with Guards creatb under cockpit?
Baaaaaaaaagh!

=69.GIAP=STENKA

Postby =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:23 pm

I am not a fan of the way RoF has chosen to do skins, so what I'd like to see is single a squad skin for each plane, but no extra skins for different roles or pilots. We can use streamers to distinguish pilots.

The S.E.5a skin is a nice start, but I have a suggestion: remove the star and 69 from the bands - keep it simple. See the banner here in the forums for inspiration.

If you want to make a second version for a flight leader I'd add (as Stenka suggested) the guards shield on the nose or under the cockpit. I'm pretty sure that Alexej has some high-resolution copies. All mine (except for the bapper one with a mammoth in the center) are low-res. I'd also use one with no WWII planes on it. :)

Anyone have one with just the flag? And was anything on the flag?
C!

Tushka

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Postby =69.GIAP=SOBAKA » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:17 am

Easily done, in that case i might have all the
Entente done by Monday. and start working on some Hun stuff. I will set up a photo-bucket account or something to link in and keep the forum relatively clean. Will post with the link when i have the revised model finished.

I don't need a high rez image as by the time it is reduced in size and stuck on the frame it will lose whatever high rez it had, however, like you said i need one with at a minimum no WWII planes on them if you want a Flight lead skin.

=69.GIAP=SOBAKA

Postby =69.GIAP=VALYA » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:38 am

If you're good at Rise of Flight skins, I'm looking to rebuild my pink hello kitty biplane collection that I had in the Il-2 days.
=69.GIAP=VALYA

Postby =69.GIAP=SOBAKA » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:51 am

Might take a bit of time but i am sure i could work something out. However i am apprehensive about using any 69.GIAP emblems or tags in personal skins, Sorry.

=69.GIAP=SOBAKA

Postby =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:08 am

Oh, one other suggestion... OK, two... the yellow part of the bands should be thicker, and the paint should look somewhat faded, weathered and stained... as if the plane has been in service for a considerable time. i.e duller and less reflective. The first example gives the impression of being freshly painted.

The general squad skins should not look factory fresh. :)
C!

Tushka

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Postby =69.GIAP=SOBAKA » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:23 am

Now this should be interesting.

=69.GIAP=SOBAKA

Postby =69.GIAP=SOBAKA » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:27 am

And it was!

Added some weathering. A touch of sun bleaching. Tried to tone down the glare effect, Moved the lower banner to the other side so only the right wing has banners (i have a thing for non-symmetry) if you want it more symmetrical i can do that no problem. widened the borders of the banners, added a touch of mud on the lower left wing and a boot print. Made sure to put it on a support and not in the middle of the canvas. not sure if it is accurate, or feasible. let me know where we need to go from here.

=69.GIAP=SOBAKA

Next

Return to Rise of Flight