Anyone around?

Say hi to the 69th - we do so enjoy company.

Moderator: =69.GIAP=Members

Anyone around?

Postby =69.GIAP=VANYA » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:58 pm

A big hello from an old colleague. I have been visiting these forums every once in a while and I always get a feeling of nostalgia. I remember when it was very lively and there was always something going on. I wasn't too active, but I had a lot of fun and met some great people. Then a new period of life happened where I got some new obligations and activites, and unfortunately I stopped flying completely. What's funny is that almost parallel the squadron activities started to quite down. I would go to forum to see what's going on and thinking about buying Battle of Stalingrad or whatever the squadron flies at the moment, and then I would be saddened seeing that the last forum post was months ago. A bit like a ghost town. I don't know, maybe I'm out of touch with what's going in flight sim world in general, but it seems to me that flight sim community has shrunken and that there's much less going on in general, not only in our squad. I'm also a bit confused with all the releases that 1c is making. Did they finally make a solid new release without lots of bugs and is there a relatively serious community that's flying it? Anyway, the main purpose of my post is to say hi to all my squad mates and tell them I remember great times we had flying together! I hope some of you are still around here... I also hope that everything is going well in your lives!

All the best to all of you,
VANYA
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

=69.GIAP=VANYA

Re: Anyone around?

Postby =69.GIAP=RADKO » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Hey Vanya, I always suffer from the same nostalgia that you’re talking about. I very much miss the activity that was once here. It is sad indeed, I’m pretty convinced now that there is none of us flying at all and if anyone is then it is very irregular. For some I believe it’s situational and for the others they have gone onto new adventures. That being said I still have high hopes that people will come back eventually and I won’t be surprised if others come out of the wood work!

It just takes a small handful of people to make something of it and bring everything back together. I’m moving into my home in September and will have my gear ready to fly again. Also, I’ve heard Conan might be retiring at the end of this year and he would also like to come back. I’m hoping, no, I’m sure that once we have a small active group again you’ll be surprised who else shows to the party.

IL2: BoS is doing very well. I’m not bias when I say this, as I’ve been very sceptical of some of their decisions in the past. However, they are doing a fantastic job, the sim is coming along very nicely. They’re constantly tweaking it all the time and gradually working their way to perfection. It’s still not quite there but it is squadron friendly now. Compared to how it was on release. One of their worst decisions was the unlocking mechanic, only able to use certain equipment AND planes once you’ve achieved the reward in single player. Who needs to feel rewarded in a combat flight sim? Really!

Anyway, it would be great to see you around Vanya. Who knows in a months’ time or so we could be both up in the air! I regularly keep an eye on the forums as I know how frustrating it is when you post something to only see the view counter go up but no reply!

All the best and keep safe!

Radko
C!

=69.GIAP=RADKO

Postby =69.GIAP=VANYA » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:50 am

Hey RADKO,

I'm glad some of you are still around! I was thinking about buying BoS or one of the DCS modules. Good to hear that they're finally making their sim be as it should be. I doubt there will be as much activity as there was before, but it would be really cool if we could gather atleast a small group of people for flying semiregularly. I should have more free time from October, so I'll keep visiting these forums and we'll try to reinitiate something. Flying once a week is still better than not flying at all!

S!
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

=69.GIAP=VANYA

Postby =69.GIAP=CONAN » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:50 pm

~S!~

Tovarishi! Radko! Vanya! Anybody else out there? Leave your name if you are still "lurking" about!

Good to see some of the old names still popping up. Unless they change the law, I will be forced to retire next July. When that happens, or if I can get based close to home (I'm working on it but without much hope) I will be flying once again. It doesn't take many, but it takes more than just a few to keep things interesting enough to keep people coming and have room for people to be unable to make it at the last second and not have it leave a gaping hole in the plan.
“There is no problem which cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosive!"
=69.GIAP=CONAN

Postby =69.GIAP=VANYA » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Hey Conan,

Glad that you're lurking around here too. We went into reserve status, but since there are no more active pilots we'll have to answer motherlands call. I've been casually following what's happening in DCS World. There's a respectable collection of plane modules for DCS(MiG-21, Mirage 2000, F-5, Viggen, Sabre etc.) and there's a team working on Tomcat module(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqrZ-FQ0D9c). I don't know whether you guys are interested in flying modern plane sims, but to me it sounds fun and there seems to be a solid community developed around DCS. Anyway, whatever you want to fly with, I'll fly with it too. Let's keep in touch through these forums and when you guys sort your obligations and have some free time we'll start flying. If it's next July, that's cool too. Hopefully, we'll have some other team members join us until then.

Is that hurricane heading towards relatively close to where you live Conan? I hope not.

S!

=69.GIAP=VANYA

Postby =69.GIAP=SHVAK » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:52 pm

I am active in Rise of Flight and IL2 BOS once more. Glad to see all is not dead with 69
Salute!

It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed — USAF Manual

=69.GIAP=SHVAK

Postby =69.GIAP=VANYA » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:50 pm

Hey SHVAK,

Good to hear that you're here too. I used to play ROF on multiplayer dogfighter servers. Just when I got the hang of it I stopped flying due to extra obligations at that time and then never got back. Are dogfight servers still lively and populated?

All the best,
VANYA

=69.GIAP=VANYA

Postby =69.GIAP=SHVAK » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:45 am

Rise of Flight is slowly dying. It has a hardcore loyal fan base mostly active on a German Server which is good for me ping wise. Most of the pilots cross-pollinate between the IL2 Bos servers and Rise of Flight.
I have thrown myself into relearning how to fly and more importantly how to land lol on the IL2 Bos Tactical Air War server. It is very much like ADW of old.
Salute!

It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed — USAF Manual

=69.GIAP=SHVAK

Postby =69.GIAP=MORAK » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:14 pm

Well how do y'all! I'm still alive but i just don't stay in one place to long. I'm all wanting to get back to flying but things just seem to get in the way. Lots of changes in my life and a possible move to Brazil by Feb next year. I'm hoping to get things going soon.
"gratitude" is found in the dictionary between "gotcha" and "grave"

=69.GIAP=MORAK

Postby =69.GIAP=VANYA » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:21 pm

Thanks for the feedback SHVAK, seem like I'll be buying BOS soon then. I'll contact you when I do!

Morak buddy, glad to see you're still around. I hope everything is going well for you! Living on the move, atleast you're not bored!

Anyone in contact with some of the old members(Stenka, Valya, Koshka, Ozabo, Tushka, Redvo, Pavel, Myata, Vladi) ?

S!

=69.GIAP=VANYA

Return to Public Forum